So far the club’s hill climb team (Charles Coleman, Tavis Walker, James Coleman + Nick Fryer) balance sheet makes pretty good reading:
- 4 x Team wins (including the oldest hill climb around, Catford CC, and our very own open hill climb)
- 1 x overall win for Charles Coleman
- A 1/2/3 at Chippenham Wheelers HC
- Numerous podiums for all riders
- Mixing it with and beating many pro or sponsored riders at the Bec CC and Catford CC HCs
As James Coleman rightly said, “we’ve only been doing it for a fortnight, haha!” Perhaps they’ll even do some specific training for next year? They’ve been a great credit to our club bringing much welcomed exposure for the green/pink/cream jersey and drawing respect from the wider cycling community.
Soon to be seen opening Swiss bank accounts to handle all their prize money!
The hill climbing season continues this Sunday with a full field at the Bristol South CC event up Burrington Combe. Charles will once again but gunning for the overall title before heading off to the CTT National Hill Climb Championships on Stang Lane near Barnard Castle on the County Durham border.
Hup, hup, hup!